Sunday, February 17, 2008

More Mini Reviews

Some more movies that have come through my Netflix since November.

Glengarry Glen Ross..........A bunch of angry men yelling at each other for 90 minutes. Good performances but I think this was probably better as a play

The Omega Man..........Charlton Heston's version of I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. I saw it many years ago and enjoyed, this time I thought it was really slow and heavy-handed.

Resident Evil: Extinction.........#3 of the Resident Evil trilogy, I am a Milla Jovovich and a zombie fan so aside from Milla being overly air-brushed I found this movie very enjoyable.

The Departed..........This movie is full of actors I try to avoid, Jack Nicholson, Leo DiCaprio, and Matt Damon but this movie was GREAT!!! Mark Wahlberg rocks!

La Vie en Rose..........Marion Cotillard deserves every award she is winning for this movie. A completely entertaining yet sad and haunting biography of Edith Piaf.

Tourist Trap..........One of my all time guilty pleasures, I love this movie.

Vacancy..........The lame ending spoiled this for me, I had too many questions when it was all done.

Nighthawks..........Another guilty pleasure: Rutger Hauer and Billy Dee Williams

Crank..........I don't recall this movie getting very good reviews, but it was well edited, moved quickly, had some humorous moments, great music and Jason Statham. Nothing at all wrong with this movie.

Iris..........I cried and cried at the end of this movie. Very well acted and filmed.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space..........They cocoon you in cotton candy and suck your blood through crazy straws, 'nuff said.

Pan's Labyrinth..........I thought this was something completely different than it actually was, beautifully filmed and acted.

Prince of Darkness..........A shlock cinema charmer with Alice Cooper

Hellraiser..........I think I waited too long to see this movie and don't get all the hubbub.

C.H.U.D...........Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers, Awesome!!

Scanners..........Cronenberg, exploding heads, and great 70's sets/furniture. I really enjoyed this one.

The Brood.........More Cronenberg still good but I liked Scanners more.

The Hills Have Eyes..........Absolutely no reason this movie needed to be made, but the dogs were wonderful.

No comments: