Monday, May 25, 2009

In the Folds of the Flesh



I don't know where to begin. This was sooo bad but I think it should be watched in spite of it. The movie is a mess, a huge mess, but a glorious mess. Its almost like you have to see it to believe it. It started with a typo and then just got progressively worse. There were Nazis, a gratuitous dog murder, some gratuitous naked girls being murdered, about four or five other murders, incest, two crazy women, cyanide baths, pet vultures (one of whom was also murdered) and a plot that just got more confusing as it went along. But you know what? I never got bored, the damn thing held my interest for the whole crazy ride. Crazy sixties fashions, wowza technicolor, and some marvelously swirly opening credits (I liked the colors). It was supposed to be a giallo, I think, but was more of a giallo send-up. It felt as if the director was intentionally being as over-the-top as possible because he knew it was the only way people would remember the movie. I'm going to recommend the movie but you must take note that I am recommending it because it is bad, not because it is good.

No comments: